Types of Funding
|GRSO Funding||Professional Development Award||Graduate Student Parent Travel Award||Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award|
|Purpose||supports all activities organized by GRSOs||supports all professional development activity||supports graduate student parents attending conferences by providing funds for child travel, caregiver travel, and/or childcare||Supporting DEI initiatives on campus that are not affiliated with an RSO|
|No. of application cycles per year||Approximately monthly||Rolling applications till funds last.||Rolling applications till funds last||Rolling applications accepted till funds last|
|Award cap (per group)||$1200/round||$900 during a student’s time in a particular degree||$900 during a student’s time in a particular degree||$1000 without matching funds, additional funds with matching dollars at the discretion of the FC|
|Period of utilization||Till June 30, 2023||Till July 31, 2023||Till July 31, 2023||Till June 30, 2023|
|Notification of award||End of 1st week of the month following application submission||End of 1st week of the month following application submission||End of 1st week of the month following application submission||End of 1st week of the month following application submission|
|Application Deadline||3rd Monday of each month (except December, May-July)||Each month, applications submitted by the end of the 3rd week will be considered||Each month, applications submitted by the end of the 3rd week will be considered||Each month, applications submitted by the end of the 3rd week will be considered|
Other open funds (not run by the GA):
The Big C Fund – https://cejce.berkeley.edu/big-c Applications are due Sunday, February 5, 2023 by 11:59pm
The Big C Student Initiated Projects Fund is intended to create a more inclusive campus community providing funding for student-centered and student-initiated direct service projects that focus on needs of underrepresented and historically marginalized populations including educational projects & programs impacting the broader community and the climate of the Berkeley campus.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 at 11:59pm.
All campus units that provide co-curricular student services and support as well as student groups are eligible to apply for one-time funding from the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Student Services and Fees (CACSSF) $500,000 Discretionary Fund.
- View Funding Home for general information about the GA funding process.
- View Obtaining Funding and Reimbursements for information on eligibility requirements, the application, and the reimbursement process.
- View Funding Deadlines for application and reimbursement deadlines for each Funding Category.
- Full details of the funding process are described in the 2022-2023 Funding Guide.
- Applications for all awards (for both RSOs and individual graduate students) can be found on the GA Funding CalLink page. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Forms” section.
- For any other funding questions not answered in the funding guide, please email the funding officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Applications MUST be submitted by the deadlines outlined in the on the Funding Deadlines page. However, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit funding requests at least one month in advance of their scheduled event. The Funding Committee may consider the timeliness of their applications, including early submission, when assessing merits.